Reader Gabhan Gibson notified me of a hefty 75% discount being offered on Shark FX by Punch! Software.
Shark FX is priced at $1795. But you can now get it for as low as $445 if you happen to have a license of the following products:
- Punch Software’s:
- Punch Shark v5
- Punch Shark LT v5
- Punch Shark FX v5
- ViaCAD 2D v6
- ViaCAD PRO v6
- ViaCAD 2D/3D v6 & v7
- Concepts Unlimited
- Concepts 3D
- Alibre — Alibre Design
- Ashlar-Vellum — Velium, Graphite, Cobalt, Xenon, Argon
- Autodesk — QuickCAD, AutoSketch, AutoCAD LT, AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture, AutoCAD Mechanical, Inventor Suite
- Bentley — MicroStation
- BricSys — BricsCAD
- CADopia — various IntelliCAD
- CADKEY Corp. — CADKEY
- Chief Architect — Chief Architect Corel — CorelDRAW, Corel DESIGNER
- Dassault Systems – CATIA, SolidWorks
- Google — Google SketchUp Pro
- Graphisoft — ArchiCAD
- IMSI – TurobCAD Pro, TurboCAD Pro Platinum, TurboCAD Deluxe, TurboCAD Designer, TurboCAD MAC, DesignCAD, DesignCAD 3D MAX, DoubleCAD XT, DoubleCAD XT Pro
- Integraph — SmartSketch
- IronCAD — IronCAD
- Kubotek — KEYCREATOR
- Microsoft — Visio
- Nemetschek/GraphiSoft — VectorWorks, VectorWorks Architect, VectorWorks Landmark, VectorWorks Spotlight, AllPlan
- progeSOFT — progeCAD
- PTC — Pro/ENGINEER
- Robert McNeel Associates — Rhinoceros
- Siemens — SolidEdge
- Sigma Design — Arris CAD, Arris Architectural Studio
- SmartCAM – SmartCAM
- SoftSource — Virtual Drafter
- Solution Technologies – MicroScribe
- SpaceClaim – SpaceClaim Engineer, SpaceClaim Style
- VC Corp — VX Corp
- ZwCAD Software — ZWCAD
They seem to have left out NX. But that’s OK because I don’t think many would upgrade from NX to Shark FX. 😉
The funny thing is DoubleCAD XT is in the list as well, a product that is free. So I guess this means anyone can download and install a copy of DoubleCAD XT and “upgrade” to Shark FX for $445.
One of the reasons these “upgrade” offers amuse me is because I get to see exactly how well the marketing people know the CAD software market. You get a good sense of that just by seeing the way they mention companies and their products. For example:
- The names of Ashlar-Velum’s products are Graphite, Cobalt, Xenon and Argon. There is nothing called “Velium”.
- “CADopia — various IntelliCAD” inplies that CADopia is the name of the IntelliCAD Technology Consortium. Ironically, CADopia has been kicked out of the ITC.
- CADKEY Corp is dead.
- I don’t think something called “Chief Architect Corel” even exists.